- Registrar’s Office
- BioMed Central is an STM (Science, Technology and Medicine) publisher of 220 open access, online, peer-reviewed journals. The content spans all areas of biology and medicine and includes broad interest titles, such as BMC Biology alongside specialist journals, such as Retrovirology.
- In terms of premium content, peer-reviewed sources and business related journals, Business Source Complete offers comprehensive full-text coverage plus indexing and abstracts for the most important scholarly business journals, dating back as far as 1886.
- Chemical and Engineering Archives provides over 500,000 pages of content- a complete history from 1923 through 2010.
- Founded in 1923 as Editorial Research Reports, CQ Researcher is noted for its in-depth, unbiased coverage of health, social trends, criminal justice, international affairs, education, the environment, technology, and the economy. Each single-themed, 12,000-word report is researched and written by a seasoned journalist. The consistent, reader-friendly organization provides researchers with an introductory overview; background and chronology on the topic; an assessment of the current situation; tables and maps; pro/con statements from representatives of opposing positions; and bibliographies of key sources.
- This database offers recent and accurate cancer information from the NCI, the federal government's principal agency for cancer research. The site contains full-text material in subject directory format with illustrations and sources.
- All original research articles published by Chemistry Central are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication. Chemistry Central views open access to research as essential in order to ensure the rapid and efficient communication of research findings.
- Online, The Chronicle is published every weekday and is the top destination for news, advice, and jobs for people in academe.
- The Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) database provides authoritative coverage of the literature related to nursing and allied health. Virtually all English-language publications are indexed along with the publications of the American Nurses Association and the National League for Nursing.
- The Contemporary Authors Database is a bio-bibliographical guide to current writers in fiction, general nonfiction, poetry, journalism, drama, motion pictures, television, and other fields. Provides complete biographical and bibliographical references for more than 100,000 authors in the U.S. and around the world.
- Search and view the full text of eBooks.
- Education Full Text brings you comprehensive coverage of an international range of English-language periodicals, monographs and yearbooks. Full text of articles, with indexing cover to cover, from hundreds of journals, make this a one-stop source for research. Coverage includes about 79 journals (37 with full text) not covered by ERIC’s CIJE.
- Encyclopedia Britannica, Inc., headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, is a leading provider of learning and knowledge products. They are proud to be one of the world's most trusted sources of information on every topic imaginable - from the origins of the universe to current events and everything in between.
- The Education Resources Information Center (ERIC), sponsored by the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) of the U.S. Department of Education, produces the world's premier database of journal and non-journal education literature. ERIC provides a public Web site for searching nearly 1.2 million citations going back to 1966 and, with contributor permission, accessing more than 110,000 full-text materials at no charge.
- From arts and the humanities to social sciences, science and technology, this database meets research needs across all academic disciplines. Access scholarly journals, news magazines, and newspapers - many with full text and images!
- GPO Access provides free electronic access to government databases and information including the Federal Register, Congressional Record, Commerce Business Daily, and the US Code.
- Thousands of lesson plans and other teaching and learning resources at your fingertips! Your state affiliate and NEA have partnered with The Gateway to 21st Century Skills in an effort to provide you with free, comprehensive resources that will make your lesson planning easier.
A collection of over 1,000 peer-reviewed journals, providing researchers with the information needed to stay current on the latest scientific developments.
- JSTOR provides access to the complete archives of a core collection of 117 scholarly journals. These journals have been digitized starting with the very first issues, many of which were published as far back as the 19th century.
- The Journal of Chemical Education is the world’s premier chemical education journal. The journal publishes peer-reviewed articles and related information as a resource to those in the field of chemical education and to those institutions that serve them.
- This periodical is devoted to the publication of fundamental research papers and publishes approximately 19,000 pages of Articles, Communications, and Perspectives a year.
- The Journal of Organic Chemistry (JOC) welcomes original contributions of fundamental research in all branches of the theory and practice of organic chemistry.
- Literature Online is a virtual library of more than 300,000 works of English and American poetry, drama, and prose written between 600 and the present day. It is a full-text database: in other words, the actual text of the printed work is included in each case. It also contains biographies, bibliographies and key criticism and reference resources, including 61 full-text journals.
- Provides access to 134 full-text primary source documents with expert analysis and commentary. This site also provides access to the following: Milestone Documents of American Leaders and the Fifties, Sixties and Seventies in America databases.
- The MLA Bibliography provides a classified listing and subject index for books and articles published on modern languages, literatures, folklore, and linguistics. Password: elvis
- The National Criminal Justice Reference Service Abstract Database contains summaries of more than 160,000 criminal justice publications, including Federal, State, and local government reports, books, research reports, journal articles, and unpublished research. A companion site allows you to search for full-text publications. A companion site allows you to search for full-text publications.
- The NLM Gateway allows health science information searchers to use a single interface to simultaneously search multiple NLM health science databases to find which contains the information the searcher needs.
- The Library is where electronic versions of classic books about individual liberty are stored. These texts go back some 4,000 years and cover the disciplines of economics, history, law, literature, philosophy, political theory, religion, war and peace. They are in a variety of formats - facsimile PDFs so scholars can view the original text, HTML for ease of searching and attractive layout, and text-based PDF EBooks for personal use. The Library also contains bibliographic information about the books as well as other "metadata" about the authors and editors.
- The Oxford English Dictionary is the accepted authority on the evolution of the English language over the last millennium. It is an unsurpassed guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of over half a million words, both present and past.
- Oxford Music Online is the gateway offering users the ability to access and cross-search multiple music reference resources in one location. With Grove Music Online as its cornerstone, Oxford Music Online also contains The Oxford Companion to Music (revised 2011), which offers more than 8,000 articles on composers, performers, conductors, instruments and notation, forms and genres, and individual works; and The Oxford Dictionary of Music, 2nd edition (revised 2006), which supplements Grove's more-extensive articles with content geared toward undergraduates and general users. Both of these sources are included in subscriptions to Grove Music Online.
- Note: This is a great source of book reviews. Articles from more than 300 full-text periodicals covering a variety of topics for teachers/educators, including: health and fitness, school law, drug and alcohol abuse, learning disabilities, sports, arts and humanities, social sciences, and psychology.
- Currently, Project MUSE® offers over 300 quality journal titles from 40 scholarly publishers. As one of the academic community's primary electronic journals resources, Project MUSE covers the fields of literature and criticism, history, the visual and performing arts, cultural studies, education, political science, gender studies, economics, and many others.
- This versatile database is designed to meet the needs of researchers at healthcare facilities as well as nursing and allied health programs at academic institutions. ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source provides abstracting and indexing for more than 850 titles, with over 715 titles in full-text, plus more than 12,000 full text dissertations representing the most rigorous scholarship in nursing and related fields.
- The APA Full-Text Article Database (PsycARTICLES) contains the full text of articles from APA journals and selected EPF (Educational Publishing Foundation) journals, most from 1988 to the present.
- PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine, provides access to over 11 million MEDLINE citations back to the mid-1960s and additional life science journals. PubMed includes links to many sites providing full text articles and other related resources. PubMed also provides access to molecular biology databases. These databases include nucleotide sequences, protein sequences, macromolecular structures, and whole genomes.
- Articles from more than 250 magazines and Journals on religion, philosophy, archaeology, and anthropology, and covers the impact of religion on culture. Many articles are full-text.
- Provides critical insights on literary themes, authors and select works while providing critical surveys of various genres and literary forms.
- Scientific American is the world's premier magazine of scientific discovery and technological innovation for the general public. Readers turn to it for a deep understanding of how science and technology can influence human affairs and illuminate the natural world.
- This collection includes all volumes in the Scribner Writers series, including American Writers, British Writers, European Writers, and the World and Genre Writers Series. The Scribner Writers Series Database includes more than 1,600 full-text articles on writers and literary genres. Each essay provides a concise introductory preface and a biography placing the writer’s work within a personal and historical framework, and concludes with a bibliography of primary and secondary sources for further study.
- New and Old Testament Bible commentary is also available that provides interpretive essays that deal descriptively with the content, purpose, and theological perspective of each book of the Bible. Primary emphasis is on the Bible as literature.
- Offers comprehensive coverage of sociology, encompassing all sub-disciplines and closely related areas of study. These include abortion, criminology & criminal justice, demography, ethnic & racial studies, gender studies, marriage & family, political sociology, religion, rural & urban sociology, social development, social psychology, social structure, social work, socio-cultural anthropology, sociological history, sociological research, sociological theory, substance abuse & other addictions, violence and many others.
This database is the premier source of literature for sports and sports medicine journals, providing full-text content from many well-known and respected sources. It is an essential tool for health professionals, researchers and students, providing extensive coverage in the areas of fitness, health and sport studies.
- SpringerOpen is Springer's new range of fully open access journals, which cover all disciplines within the science, technology, and medicine (STM) fields, giving authors in all areas of science the opportunity to publish open access.
- The Tennessee Electronic Library is a collection of 14 Infotrac Databases available to all libraries within the state of Tennessee. The collection includes: Business & Company ASAP, Student Edition, National Newspaper Index, Health Reference Center Academic, Expanded Academic ASAP, General Reference Center Gold, Kid’s Edition, Junior Edition, Infotrac OneFile, Health & Wellness Resource Center, Contemporary Literary Criticism – Select, and "What do I read next?". Education students may access a K-12 interface.
- A journal for teachers of English to speakers of other languages and of standard English as a second dialect. PLEASE NOTE: off-campus users must contact their instructor or the library to enable remote access.
- Access legislative information on the Internet with Thomas. Use this database to search for current and past legislation, the Congressional Record, House and Senate Committee Reports, Hearings, status of bills, etc.
- Time reveals what today's headlines mean to you and your family -- from politics, to science, to human achievement, arts, business, and society. All back issues are available with the exception of the last calendar year. This is NOT a peer-reviewed magazine.
WestLawNext (Campus access only)
With WestlawNext, you can run one easy, plain language search across all core legal content or enter your search in Boolean terms and connectors. Either way, using WestSearch, our proprietary search engine, studies show legal research is up to 64% faster.