- International Students
Martin Methodist College Hosts Three Scholarship Competitions Annually!
1. Michael W. & Barbara B. Barton Scholarship Competition
The Michael W. and Barbara B. Barton Scholarship Award is the highest academic honor that entering freshmen can receive at Martin Methodist College. Awards are determined in February after the Barton Scholarship Competition, in which two students are awarded a full tuition scholarship renewable annually as long as the recipient maintains a 3.0 GPA.
Distinguished members of the faculty and administration will determine the two full- tuition recipients based on the results from an on-campus essay and a personal interview. In addition, ALL participants of the competition will receive a generous scholarship renewable annually and will be invited to join MMC’s W. Garie Taylor Honors Program.
Eligible high school seniors must have a minimum composite ACT score of 24 and a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
In addition to the entry criteria, interested applicants must also have the following items on file in the admissions office by Wednesday, February 15, 2017.
- MMC application for admission
- HS Transcript/ACT or SAT score
- Written reference letter from teacher, guidance counselor or HS principal.
The Barton Competition takes place in early February. Contact Robby Shelton at email@example.com for more details.
2. Ben Alford Church Leader Scholarship Competition
The Cal Turner, Jr. Center for Church Leadership of Martin Methodist College awards two or more Ben Alford Scholarships each year to students showing exceptional promise in the area of church leadership. These are full tuition scholarships, renewable for all four years. Recipients will be determined by a special committee in a competition held on campus. The competition includes an on-campus essay and personal interview.
- Current and active member of a congregation with Wesleyan heritage: United Methodist Church, AME, AME Zion, CME, AUMP, or UAME
- A GPA of 2.75 or above
- The desire for a long-term commitment to the church The scholarships are open to any major; applicants need not work in paid ministry in order to be eligible.
To apply for the Ben Alford Scholarship Competition, you must submit the following:
- MMC Application for Admission
- Ben Alford Scholars Developing Church Leaders Application
- High School Transcript
- Copy of ACT/ SAT score
- Written reference from clergy that addresses your promise for leadership in a church with Wesleyan heritage (see list above)
- Written reference from a teacher or person in the church addressing your leadership abilities.
Ben Alford Scholars Developing Church Leaders Application can be found on Martin Methodist College website under Church Leadership.
Contact Robby Shelton at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To register info.martinmethodist.edu/alfordscholarship
(Open to transfer students)
3. Future Educators Scholarship Competition
Students interested in competing for the scholarship will complete the on-line form. When notified of the competition date, qualified applicants will receive the packet od requirements. At the competition, applicants will be interviewed by the committee and instructed to write an essay on site.
Distinguished members of the education faculty, administration, and other professional educators will determine the recipient of the Future Educator Award. One student will receive a full tuition scholarship. The scholarship is annually renewable while the recipient maintains an appropriate GPA.
For consideration, applicants shall:
- Be a high school senior
- Possess a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Earned a minimum ACT of 24 or a combined SAT of 1530
- Be committed to becoming an educator
What is needed to apply:
- MMC application for admission
- Future Educator's Application
- HS transcript
- Copy of ACT/SAT scores
- Written reference from a high school faculty member addressing the applicant's promise as a future educator
Contact Robby Shelton at email@example.com for more information. (Open to transfer students)
Other Scholarships offered at MMC
- Trustees Scholarship for freshmen having a 3.5 or above GPA
- Presidential Scholarship for freshmen having a 3.0-3.4 GPA
- Thomas Martin Leadership Scholarship for freshmen showing leadership potential
- Music Scholarship students participating in MMC Concert or Chamber Choir (audition required)
- Drama Scholarship for students with talent in the dramatic arts (audition required)
- Victoria Martin Transfer Scholarship merit based scholarship for transfer students
- Athletic Scholarships Varsity, JV and Developmental Scholarships. For consideration go to www.goredhawks.com
Are you a military veteran? Service Member? Family Member of a Veteran or Service Member?
Martin Methodist has the tools to help you achieve your goals. We provide individualized attention. Contact our Director of Veteran Services for assistance with using your military benefits.