Mission Statement for the Athletic Department
Martin Methodist College’s athletic department seeks to provide for all students a variety of experiences that will promote and exemplify excellence in sportsmanship and skills, enhance their education, give grounding in Christian service, and provide a unique window into the college.
Statement of Purpose for the Athletic Department
The purpose of the athletic department at Martin Methodist College is to promote the education and development of students through intercollegiate participation in athletics, intramural participation, and personal recreational activities. The athletic department shares a common commitment to high moral standards and to the principle that athletics and recreation serve as an integral part of the educational process.
Mission Statement for the Champions of Character Program
The MMC Champions of Character Program Center will create an atmosphere and environment in which all student-athletes, coaches, administrators, officials, fans, and visitors are exposed to and participate in the true spirit of athletic competition through the demonstration of respect, integrity, responsibility, sportsmanship and servant leadership. Its first commitment is to teach, reinforce and monitor strong character skills with both our students, coaches and staff members. Second, it will deliver the five strong character skills to the youth leagues, middle schools and high schools age youth of Giles and surrounding counties.
Specific Goals of the Athletic Department Include
- To maintain a total sports program.
- To provide opportunities for maximum participation.
- To be competitive with the teams in our conference.
- To recruit high quality athletes who should strive to excel in athletics and academics.
- To have a high percentage of athletes to graduate.
- To maintain a high quality coaching staff.
- To provide teams that should attract the interest of the student body as well as people in the community.