- Church Relations
- Education Services
Ben Alford Scholars
The Cal Turner, Jr.Center for Church Leadership of Martin Methodist College awards two Ben Alford Scholars - Developing Church Leader Scholarships each year to students showing exceptional promise in the area of church leadership. These are full four-year scholarships which include the costs of tuition, basic room, and board.
For consideration, applicants must be:
- A high school senior
- A current and active member of the Methodist Church
- Possess a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average
- Show evidence of a long-term commitment and leadership in the Methodist Church
What is needed to apply?
- MMC Application for Admission
- Ben Alford Scholars' Application
- High School Transcript
- Copy of ACT/SAT score
- Written reference from clergy which address your promise for leadership in the Methodist Church.
- Written reference from a teacher or person in the church addressing your leadership abilities.
On a separate paper, please:
- List in detail your leadership roles in your church, school and/or community
- Essay - Answer this question: How do you envision using your leadership skills in the future for the Methodist Church?
To request more information please contact, Mrs. Tijunia Brooks, Executive Assistant at 931.363.9898 or firstname.lastname@example.org