- About the Library
- Archived Yearbooks
- Course Reserves
- New Additions
- Evaluating Websites
- Inter-Library Loan Request
- Library Catalogs
- Library Feedback
- Library Survey
- Martin Methodist Marine Biology Collection
- eBook Collection
- Praxis Resources
- Research Assistance
- Student Library Account
- Nursing Resources
- Registrar’s Office
College can be overwhelming. Academics, college organizations, and community involvement are just a few of the demands on a college student’s time. College life can also afford a student the opportunity to reflect on personal interests, skills, and values. The development of a well thought out career requires knowledge of oneself as well as the counsel of good friends, family, and college faculty. The career development process persists for the duration of time a person remains in college. The clarification of a college major is an important step in the career process. The student can then structure various college activities around the creation of a portfolio which supports his or her chosen major and career.
The Martin Methodist College Career Services Department, as an integral part of the college, has as its mission:
- To provide opportunities for assessment that may be used to help in determining career and educational pursuits
- To engage students in the exploration of developing lifelong career management skills in order to achieve their professional goals
- To assist students in the development of documents used for career and educational opportunities
- To provide opportunities for networking with professionals that may assist students in achieving their educational and career goals.
General Career Search Resources
- https://www.mynextmove.org/ - sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor,
- Employment & Training Administration,
- MonsterCollege - Job network for college students and recent graduates.
- Nashville Chamber of Commerce Job Board - A site for all majors to search jobs and internships in the Nashville area.
- CareerBuilder - Search job listings, post your resume, and search for advice and resources.
- http://www.internships.com/ - Discover internships – Guided Search
- http://www.idealist.org/ - We connect idealists with opportunities for action
Graduate School Resources
- Kaplan - Provides higher education programs, professional training courses, test preparation materials and other services for various levels of education.
- Peterson's Education Center - International graduate program listings and resources for applying to graduate school.
- Princeton Review - Research graduate schools and prepare for graduate school entrance tests.
- GradSchools - Research graduate school programs, find information about the application process, and review sample personal statements.
- Graduate School Guide - Directory of graduate schools in the U.S. and Canada.
- Accepted - Find tips for applying to medical, law, or grad school, as well as MBA programs. Review sample personal statements and essays.
- Exam Focus - Take practice tests for a number of different graduate school admissions tests.
- Brain Track - Explore careers and search for graduate schools.
- GMAT - The official GMAT website providing information and resources for business school applicants.
- GRE - Find information about the GRE
- Please see Mr. Gordon Thayer for additional graduate school information and practice tests.
Job Search Resources
- Indeed - Search job listings from all major job boards, newspapers, associations, and company career pages.
- JOBS4TN - This comprehensive website provides a job search database, listing of companies in Tennessee searchable by industry, as well as labor market information for the area including education requirements and salary information.
- SimplyHired - Search job listings from thousands of employers.
- Monster - Search job listings, post your resume, and search for advice and resources.
- https://www.linkedin.com/ - World’s largest professional network
For more information about Career Services please contact, Gordon Thayer, Career Counselor at 931.424.7333 or email@example.com or Gail Newton, Career Counselor at 931.363.9854 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Career Services office is located on the first floor of Colonial Hall.