- About the Library
- Archived Yearbooks
- Course Reserves
- New Additions
- Evaluating Websites
- Inter-Library Loan Request
- Library Catalogs
- Library Feedback
- Library Survey
- Martin Methodist Marine Biology Collection
- eBook Collection
- Praxis Resources
- Research Assistance
- Student Library Account
- Nursing Resources
- Registrar’s Office
MMC Student Lending Policies
All Martin students must present a valid student ID in order to check out items. Students may check out books for two weeks. Reference books and magazines may not be checked out. Audio-visual materials, such as DVDs, may be checked out for two days. Reserve materials loan periods vary from professor to professor and range from two hours to one week in duration. Books may be renewed if not wanted by another borrower.
Borrowers are responsible for all materials signed out in their names
Do not lend your card, or any items checked out on your card, to anyone else. Cards may be used only by the person to whom they are issued. You cannot borrow library materials without presenting your card. We will hold books for up to 24 hours if you forget your card. If your card is lost, please notify us as soon as possible.
Faculty and Staff Lending Policies
Faculty may check out circulating books for a semester. At the end of each semester you will be sent a list of books checked out to you and will be asked if you want them renewed. Other staff, and faculty or staff spouses, may check out books for two weeks. Faculty library cards are not typically issued. Instead an individual patron record is maintained. We can create a card if that is your wish.
Faculty may also make arrangements to borrow items, such as reference books or magazines which do not normally circulate; please contact a librarian. Faculty and staff may borrow videos for home use for one week. You are responsible for items signed out in your name, so please be careful about lending these items to students.
Lending Policies for the General Public
Adult residents of Giles and surrounding counties may apply for library cards, which they must present in order to check out library materials. A valid photo ID and a piece of mail with current address must be presented when applying. Students from high schools in Giles County can also apply for cards if they can produce suitable documentation. Students not 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian accompany them when applying and sign their library form. Children who are under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while in the Warden Memorial Library. Cards are valid for one year from date of issuance and may be renewed upon expiry.
Public users may check out books for two weeks. Reference books, magazines, and items in the Teacher’s Resource Center or Nursing Collection may not be checked out. Audio-visual materials, with the exception of DVDs, may be checked out for two days. Books may be renewed if not wanted by another borrower. Books may be renewed once by phone. All subsequent renewals must be done in person. Public users are limited to a maximum of two items at any one time during the fall and spring academic terms; during the summer the limit shall be five.
Borrowers are responsible for all materials signed out in their names. Do not lend your card, or any items checked out on your card, to anyone else. Cards may be used only by the person to whom they are issued; we may ask for a second ID at any time.
You may not borrow library materials without presenting your card. We will hold books for up to 24 hours if you forget your card. If your card is lost, please notify us as soon as possible.
Fines and Fees
Faculty members are exempt from all overdue fines, but will still be responsible for replacement costs for lost books. Staff and spouses will be forgiven up to 5 fines each semester. For fines in excess of $5 the card holder will not be able to check items out of the library. For fines in excess of $10 the card holder will have all circulation privileges suspended. Grades and/or transcripts will not be released to students who have overdue books or outstanding fines at the end of the semester.
- 10¢ per day the library is open for students, 20¢ per day for public users
- $1.00 per day overdue
- Vary according to length of loan period
- Current replacement cost plus $10.00 book processing fee.
- For students and faculty the only charge applied will be the one assessed by the lending library. Overdue ILL material is charged $1.00 a day per item overdue.
- Students and Faculty will have their printing and photocopying deducted from their print/copy accounts. Public printing will be charged as follows: 15¢ per b/w printout; 25¢ per color printout; $1.00 b/w pictures; $2.00 color pictures.
- Students: 20¢ per linear inch. 10¢ on small laminator. Faculty/Staff: 40¢/20¢ Public: 50¢/25¢
For information on using the College’s facilities for meetings, please contact the Development Office at (931) 363-9815 or visit the Facility Rental portion of the Community Involvement website. THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF LIBRARY PROPERTY IS PUNISHABLE BY FINES, PROSECUTION AND/OR SUSPENSION.
- QUIET: The entire library is a quiet study area. Groups wishing to work together may request a study room.
- FOOD AND DRINK: Food is not permitted in the library. Closed-container drinks are acceptable.
- SMOKING: The Johnston Center is a tobacco-free (cigarettes, cigars, chew) building.
- PHONE: There is no telephone service available for use in the library.
- CELL PHONE: Cell phone use is not allowed in the library. Please turn cell phones off before entering.
Computer Use Policy
- MMC STUDENTS, FACULTY AND STAFF ALWAYS HAVE PRIORITY
- Computer time is free for all MMC students, faculty, staff and public members.
- Public users not having a library card must pay $1.00 per hour.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- One user per terminal.
- No chat rooms or MUDD’S.
- Please refrain from accessing sites other users would find objectionable. NO PORNOGRAPHIC SITES.
- Printing: Students have the cost of their print jobs deducted from their term print/copy allowance. The library cannot add funds to these accounts; the business office handles this process. Students can email a request or make the request in person at the Business Office located on the second floor of Colonial Hall. Public printing charges will be as follows: $0.20 per page for text, b/w pictures: $1.00, color pictures: $2.00. They are available for pick up at the Circulation Desk.
- NO UNAUTHORIZED DOWNLOADING OR INSTALLATION OF FILES OR PROGRAMS.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask the library staff for assistance.