• You must be a full time student each semester (fall and spring) in order to remain in status. Full time student is defined as a minimum of twelve hours.
  • You may NOT work off campus in any capacity. This includes yard work, baby sitting, etc. You may not do any work off campus for which a U.S. citizen may receive pay. In the eyes of the U.S. government, you would be taking work from a United States citizen. If there is money received, it is illegal work.
  • When you appliedfor an F-1 Student Visa, you should have shown the consular officer that you have the funds to pay for your studies and all of the additional expenses you may incur.  Therefore, you should not need to work.
  • You are permitted to work on campus up to twenty hours per week. This twenty hours includes any “work-study” you have been awarded. Be advised that since we are a small campus, there are limited opportunities for on-campus employment. Do not assume that you will be offered an on-campus job.
  • You must report a change of address to the office of the International Student Adviser.
  • You must have your SEVIS I-20 endorsed by the International Student Adviser each time you leave the United States. This may be done up to several weeks before departure. Failure to obtain a recent signature will create problems when you attempt to re-enter.
  • You must be aware of the expiration date on your I-20 and on your other documents.
  • You are responsible for reading and understanding the “Instructions to Students” section on page 2 of your SEVIS I-20. See the International Student Adviser for any necessary explanations.


Additional Information

While you are attending Martin Methodist College, you must obey federal, state and local laws.

  • The legal age to buy or drink alcohol in Tennessee is 21 years.
  • If you obtain a U.S. driver's license while here, you must obey all traffic laws.
  • There are severe penalties for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
  • If you purchase an automobile, Tennessee laws require you to purchase liability insurance.


Martin Methodist College Requirements

  • Martin Methodist College requires all international students to purchase Health and Accident Insurance through the Group Insurance Plan sponsored by the college. The cost of that insurance will be included in your charges for each semester.
  • Students who have not yet reached the age of 21 are required to reside on campus.

Martin Methodist College

433 West Madison St.
Pulaski, TN 38478


Title IX Information