- International Students
SEVIS Fee Information
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) charges a fee of $350 for F-1 Students for the operational costs of the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). This fee is in addition to the visa application fee imposed by the U.S. Department of State. (F-2 dependents do NOT pay the fee.)
The fee must be paid before you go for your visa interview or, if you are visa exempt (see below), it must be paid before you cross the border to the United States.
The fee can be paid in 3 different ways:
- Online (strongly recommended),
- Via Western Union Quick Pay, or
- By mail
A third party, such as a family member or friend, may also pay the fee for you. Online payment is recommended because you will be able to print a receipt immediately, which you can take to your visa interview. If paying online, you MUST have a printer connected to your computer, because you cannot save the information to print later.
- Go to www.fmjfee.com for the electronic I-901 SEVIS fee application.
- Complete the form online and pay with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) or debit card (with Visa or MasterCard logo). *Note: Write your name EXACTLY as it is on your I-20.
- Print a copy of the online receipt
- Make extra copies of your receipt and keep the receipts in a safe place with your other immigration documents. You may need to provide proof of having paid the fee later on.
For F-1 Students, Martin Methodist College’s School Code is: NOL214F10429000
SEVIS fee payment must be received by DHS (by mail) or confirmed (by internet) at least three U.S. government working days before your visa application interview.
Citizens of Canada and Bermuda, Bahamian nationals, and British subjects residing in the Cayman Islands or Turks and Caicos Islands only:
- No visa or visa application is required for entry to the U.S.
- Pay the SEVIS fee as detailed above and get the receipt
- Present the SEVIS fee payment receipt at a U.S. Port of Entry
For additional details on the SEVIS fee, access the SEVIS I-901 Fee website.