- Religious Life
- Church Relations
The Center for Church Leadership was born out of a partnership between Martin Methodist College and the Tennessee Annual Conference. The Center is a model of how academic institutions and denominational entities can share knowledge, deepen faith, and support the work of ministry.
The Center is active in continuing education for pastors and laity. Participants will take core courses in their fields of ministry combining practical expertise, biblical principles, theological reflection and spiritual formation.
It is the mission of the Center for Church Leadership to:
- Identify, recruit, and train future lay and clergy leaders.
- Provide quality continuing education and support for current lay and clergy in ministry.
- Advocate and uphold vocation as a calling.
- Focus on the development of a theological and biblical understanding of leadership.
- Develop, adapt, and implement programs and curricula concerning practices and skills needed for effective leadership in the local church.