- Religious Life
- Church Relations
Martin Representatives is a program from the Office of Church Relations in the Center for Church Leadership at Martin Methodist College. Martin Methodist College seeks to have at least one person in each congregation from the churches in the Tennessee Conference who has been identified to serve as a liaison between the college and his/her local congregation.
What are the expectations of Martin Representatives?
- Observing annually a Martin Methodist College Sunday, using bulletin inserts provided by the college, and celebrating a “Martin Moment” in the worship service.
- Providing a venue at least once a year for Martin students and others from MMC in Church Relations to be involved in the life of your congregation. A few possibilities include performances by the choir or praise and worship band, presentations to the UMYF, guest preachers/speakers from the college, or utilizing one of our SVIP interns.
- Presenting annually to the UMYF an informational session about Martin Methodist College. Resources are available from the college as well as MMC students and personnel to come share from their experiences.
- Attending the district and conference gatherings hosted by the college from Martin Representatives.
- Receiving regular communications from Martin Methodist College and integrate this information into the life of your congregation.
- Encouraging prospective students to consider attending Martin Methodist.
- Supplying the Director of The Center for Church Leadership at Martin Methodist College with a list of names and addresses of high school students in the church's youth group.
- Promoting the annual Church Leader Scholarships competition.