Faculty & Staff
General Purchasing Information
- Martin Methodist College functions off a fiscal year of July 1st-June 30th.
- Martin Methodist College operates under FASB as a Not-For-Profit Private University. If a tax exempt certificate is needed by a vendor please contact Hector Lora (Accountspayable@martinmethodist.edu), A/P Supervisor, and one will be provided to the vendor.
- A Purchase Order is required in advance of all purchases before purchases are made on behalf of the college. Any orders placed on behalf of a college employee without a purchase order will be the sole responsibility of that employee.
- A college credit card can be checked out from the Business Office. For travel purposes, a request should be made as far in advance as possible. Once purchases are made the employee responsible for the charges must fill out and turn in an Employee Expense Report Form-Credit to the Business Office within 3 days of making the purchase. Failure to do so could result in automatic payroll deduction for the amount charged to the credit card without proper notification
- Martin Methodist has a Wal-Mart Credit Card and all purchases made at Wal-Mart require use of the Wal-Mart Credit Card; this card can be checked out from the Business Office. Wal-Mart Cards require a requisition (Ereq) after your purchase is made through the Web Purchasing Systems. You will need to create the requisition within three days from the day of purchase . Failure to do so could result in automatic payroll deduction without proper notification.
- Employee Reimbursements for Out-of-Pocket College expenses should be kept to a minimum of $500 or less by checking out a credit card from the business office. If Out-of-Pocket expenses occur please use the Employee Expense Report Form-Cash to be reimbursed for these expenses. Once reimbursement requests are submitted a check will be issued to you within 10 working days of Business Office Receipt. The college will not refund taxes charges.
WebPurchasing User Guide
WebPurchasing is our current requisition system. This system is used to create your Purchase Orders through an on-line system that generates a requisition and sends it through the approval process. Once your requisition has been approved by your direct supervisor, the CFO, and the Accounts Payable Supervisor, a purchase order will be generated and you will receive an e-mail that will authorize you to make your purchase.
It is important to understand the WebPurchasing System; if you have not viewed the WebPurchasing Power Point, please do so before logging into WebPurchasing. If you have additional questions regarding WebPurchasing, please make an appointment with Hector Lora, the Accounts Payable Supervisor and he will be happy to assist you with any questions that you may have regarding this system.
New Vendor Additions
Martin Methodist has accounts set-up with most local and many regional vendors. Please check the WebPurchasing System to see if the company you are ordering from is a current vendor in the Martin Methodist System.
To add a vendor you will need to get the following information from the new vendor:
- A W-9, which will indicate the company's Tax-ID
- Company Contact Information
A new vendor may require a tax exempt certificate from Martin Methodist, if you need a copy of the tax exempt certificate faxed please contact the A/P Supervisor at the link below.
If a new vendor is necessary for you to complete your requisition, please have your vendor complete the W-9 and forward it to Hector, Accounts Payable Supervisor and your new vendor will be added to the system.